Just 60 km from the city of Sault Ste. Marie, paddle the sheltered waters of Batchawana Bay, Lake Superior. Bald eagle, osprey, beaver and mink are seen along this shore. We kayak to Harmony Bay where a van will transport us back to the starting point
Tour begins with basic sea kayak instruction, and offers an introduction to sea kayaking.
See updated calendar, or call for additional dates
|Trip at a Glance :|
|Dates:||Saturdays, beginning June 17|
|Departure:||Voyageurs' Lodge, Batchawana Bay at 9:00 a.m.|
|Price:||$140 CDN (taxes included)|
|Included:||kayaks, guides, lunch, shuttle|
|Not Included:||Personal gear|
|Note:||Ideal for novice paddlers|
The evening prior to the trip, accommodation is available at the Voyageurs' Lodge on Batchawana Bay (60 km or 36 miles) north of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Please inform us and we will book this accommodation for you. For those who prefer to camp Pancake Bay Provincial Park is 5 km north of the lodge.
- 9:00 a.m. Tour begins at the Voyageurs' Lodge on Batchawana, with one hour of basic training (paddle strokes, turning, and safety procedures).
- 10:00 a.m.-12:00 Paddle to Batchawana Island. Short (100 metre) portage across the narrow isthmus
- 12:00 -1:00 p.m. Lunch on the island
- 1:00 -3:00 p.m. Paddle to the Flower Pot Islands to view heron colony
- 3:00 p.m. Rest break on the Island
- 3:30-5:00 p.m. Take out at Harmony Bay, and return by van to the Park